The Warehouse Manager plays a key part at the Troy facility. This role is responsible for managing the daily shipping and receiving functions and provides leadership to the warehouse staff to ensure warehouse operations are performed in a safe, productive and efficient manner.
Manages all warehouse employees and the functions of the warehouse. Responsible for leading and supervising all warehouse employees by compiling and maintaining employee work schedules to ensure coverage of all shifts and conducts performance evaluations in a timely manner
Establishes and maintains operational procedures for activities, such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, keeping warehouse inventory current and maintains locator system for packaging materials and finished goods
Confers with department leaders to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with production, sales, and purchasing.
Assists in developing and maintaining an operating budget for the warehouse, including repairs and maintenance, expenses, and wages in a controlled approachAssists with month end inventory and works with the accounting department to keep accurate inventories and helps manage the cycle count program by initiating first in/first out inventory program and communication to other departments regarding inventory, finished goods, and other materials
Partner with Health & Safety function to proactively identify gaps in employee health and safety programs, methods, and procedures. Use findings and develop strategic approach to improve employee safety within the workplace
Partners with Quality Assurance to diagnose issues with quality within the Warehouse department. Leverage trends to tackle repeated issues, and improve product quality for customers
Other duties, as assigned
Working hours: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Previous experience in a food manufacturing facility
Previous leadership experience; ability to lead, direct and motivate others as necessary
Experience developing and managing a department budget
Good basic mathematical skills
Must be able to handle multiple priorities with professionalism in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining safety and quality
Advanced experience in Computers
– Provides leadership to and management of subordinates trains, develops, and evaluates the performance of subordinates; provides direction for improvement of their work and leadership skills, and fosters their positive company attitude; monitors and documents employee warnings, absences, tardiness, and vacation; sustains a vision of industry achievement and remains part of and encourages the Company’s growth.
– Establish and align departmental goals and objectives with those of the extended organization.
– Possesses the ability to lead through change-management initiatives.
– Take the lead on transportation contracts, freight claims, and any disputes that arise.
– Ensures all shipping, receiving, cycle counting, and returns are done in a timely and accurate manner.
– Warehouses products for shipment, assigns items to designated storage areas and maintains locations in a safe, secure, and effective manor for future retrieval. Provides timely safety and forklift operation training.
– Responsible for good housekeeping (5S) and safe storage of materials in all areas of the receiving, inspection, and shipping to include the administration of all safety policies, procedures, and programs
– Ensures full compliance of policies for handling obsolescence, consignment, physical inventory, and cycle counts.
– Manage tradeshow inventory, tradeshow logistics schedule, and spearhead process improvements.
– Continuously improves business processes, statistics/analytics, reporting, and inv